Why I Love... Librarian Meetings

I had a consortial level library meeting this morning. I was not a fan of the hike to Georgetown, but the meeting itself was pretty darn good. It was a joint meeting of two committees where we discussed preservation of born-digital and AV material in our institutions.

No matter when I go to a meeting, if it involves hanging out with other librarians, I always leave with items for my professional reading list. This is a good thing.

I graduated with my MLS in 2010, but I have not stopped learning. I always make a note of new trends and areas I need to read up on. It's impossible to keep up with everything, so I love hanging out with other librarians because it can help me target specific areas and jump start my reading list.

Librarian Conferences and webinars? Hoooo boy... I always leave those with a rather large list.

You never know what you're going to learn when you hang out with others in your profession. I think, when you're always happy to learn more, it shows you picked the right career.

Comments