What I Read This Week: February 22, 2015

It's ski trip weekend! When this auto-posts I'll either be still asleep, digging into a breakfast casserole, or rounding up some friends to go snow tubing. I never ski on the ski trip; I do other wintery things. Last year, I actually attempted snowboarding and didn't die. It's a bit cold for my tastes this year, so I'm doing other things to keep myself occupied... like claiming the seat closest to the fireplace as my own. Blessed, blessed heat.
  • Magazines
    • Real Simple, January 2015 - I want to organize all the things after reading this issue. I mentally saved the articles on control freak tendencies and getting rid of stuff. I have closets that could use my attention. In addition to those pieces, I enjoyed the articles on raising a DIY kid and quick dinner strategies.
    • Cooking Light, March 2015 - I was surprised at home fast I was able to read this recipe. The only real article in it was the piece about Michelle Obama (which was good). The rest of the issue was a decent collection of recipes. I pulled two to try later.
  • Books 
    • I am still reading The Dante Club. I should just give in, but I'm more than halfway through at this point. If my reading stinks this year, I am blaming this book for getting me off on the wrong foot. Harrumph.

Comments