What I Read This Week: February 15, 2015


This cold weather is perfect for reading. Instead, The Husband and I have been playing Lego Lord of the Rings. Not gonna lie, I'm a fan. The cold snap is set to last all week so I'll have plenty of time to read then. Or so I tell myself. My reading mojo has been fairly non-existence for a long, long time. Hopefully that changes soon.
  • Magazines
    • Real Simple, December 2014 - I love holiday issues, and this one came with a snazzy new design makeover. New look aside, I enjoyed much of this issue including holiday tips and tricks, delicious looking cookies, gift ideas, and a feature article about how to instill gratitude in children. 
    • Washingtonian, February 2015 - I skimmed the middle chunk of this issue. As much as I love pets, I don't have one. The restaurant reviews and make your body hotter without surgery were also a bit meh for me. I did, however, love the articles on the local book agents and Ethiopian cuisine. 
  • Books
    • Can this book be over yet? While it is a touch more entertaining to read now, I'm still now into it. There are so many names to remember and I don't give a hoot about any of them... or the plot for that matter. I should just stop reading, but my damned stubbornness won't let me.

Comments