Why I Love...Pinning

Yup. Pinning. As in Pinterest. As in that thing many a person on the web is addicted to. I am one of them. I use Pinterest for a ton of stuff, but I have found two awesome book related uses.

Use the First: Hello Purty Bookish Things
Before Pinterest, I would find all this random library/librarian/bookish related stuff online. I tried saving pictures on my computer, but it just didn't seem to work for saving web links. So then there was a hybrid system where I kept pictures in a folder and links in a Google document. Not ideal - in fact, I would call it unweildly. Then Lady B introduced me to Pinterest and one of the first boards I made became devoted to Librarian Stuff. Now I have a central location to save all the bookish stuff I find AND maintain links to the original source. Love it!

Use the Second: Books, Books, and More Books
I've written about my TBR tracking system before, so I won't go into too much history, but needless to say, it too was lacking. I love that Pinterest allows me to browse covers and, because it's a web page, is still searchable. I have two Books to Read boards: one for personal reading and another for professional reading. Also, seeing all the covers in one location makes me deliriously happy for no other reason than it's purty.

Comments