What I Read This Week: January 25, 2015

We got our wedding pictures back this week! I might have looked at them a dozen times already... with no promises to stop. Our photographers did a fantastic job (I've added a pic of our first dance below... cause I can), and I'm so glad Lady C found (and let me steal) them. How I'm going to be able to decide which of the 902 (!) pictures make it into an album is beyond me, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Speaking of Lady C, I spent Saturday with her, Lady B, and Lady K watching the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. We called it The Lakening for reasons. The weather was fairly gross outside, so it was nice to spend the day lazing about with some Austen and Firth. Firth makes everything better. I also now have a desire to re-read Bridget Jones' Diary.
  • Magazines
    • National Geographic, January 2015 - What a great issue to kick off the year. This was a cover-to-cover read. I particularly enjoyed the articles on The First American, The First City of Africa, and what's inside the cosmos. Also, pretty pictures of pre-historic of cave art are always a winner.
    • The Atlantic, January/February 2015 - Ooo was this an interesting issue. I consider the cover story on the decline of the American military a must read. There was also an article on Erick Erickson, a conservative commentator I've heard but knew little about. Finally, I handed this issue over to The Husband so he could read the piece about living in space. Good stuff.
  • Books
    • I've (just barely) started my first book of the year. 2015 is getting kicked off with The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl. I'm only a few pages in, but I find the reading intriguing so far. This is not my usual kind of book, so I'm excited to see how things go.


Comments