What I Read This Week: January 18, 2015

I have yet to pick up a book this month. My magazine backlog pile is just that large. I see a light at the end of the tunnel, but my mum did give me a subscription to HGTV magazine as a gift. Darn her knowledge of my love of all things interior design. That magazine is made by the same people who do Food Network Magazine, so I think I will enjoy each issue.

In other news, this three-day weekend allowed The Husband and I to do some fun stuff. We finally got to see Mockingjay. I am so happy the theaters around here still had it showing. I would have settled for seeing it on Netflix, but this was way better.
  • Magazines
    • Real Simple, November 2014 - I read this issue while dog sitting, and the puppy was curled up right next to me. She only tried to eat the pages once, but I did find her cuteness and cuddles a touch distracting. Anyway. In the article department, I enjoyed reading the pieces on gratitude and networking for introverts. On the holiday front, many of recipes and tips looked awesome, but I was a might bit irked that it was assumed women had to do all of the things. I'm all for holiday cheer and throwing events, but everyone should do the work. 
    • Food Network, December 2014 - Cookie cookie cookie! I love reading all the holiday, dessert nibble recipes even when I don't save any to make later. Same goes for the holiday dinners. Holiday food is the best. The issue has had two great feature pieces: gift ideas and cookbook recommendations.
    • Food Network, January / February 2015 - This issue was about a third of the size of the December issue. I think it took me all of 10 minutes to read. Those 10 minutes, however, started with a year's worth of chocolate desserts. (Noms!) Not much else stood out, but the information about Girl Scout Cookies and weeknight dinners was enjoyable.
  • Books
    • The fact that this bullet is empty makes me sad. I shall pick up a book again soon! Now I just need to figure out what I am in the mood to read.

Comments