What I Read This Week: November 23, 2014

Is it time to stuff my face with stuffing yet? The Fiance and I traveling to his parents new home in Austin, Texas. I have never been to Texas. I have been warned that the food is very good and served in plentiful quantities. Good thing the weather will be good enough that I can workout outside... otherwise I might not fit into my wedding dress. Who was silly enough to plan a wedding two weeks after Thanksgiving? This girl. This girl was that silly.

  • Magazines
    • Real Simple, October 2014 - I enjoyed the organizing tips, I only wish I had a house in which is use most of them. The rest of the issue was a flip through for me, but the story about an organ donor and his family was quite moving.
    • National Geographic, November 2014 - This issue was very informative. The cover story on zombie bugs was fascinating and icky. I cringed looking at most of the pictures. The other feature story on the sherpa deaths on Mount Everest was more than a little moving. Finally, the meat industry in America, we have a lot to learn.
  • Books
    • Well, I couldn't stay away. The next book in the earth's children series by Jean M. Auel, The Mammoth Hunters, arrived in my mailbox. I started reading it this week. So far, so good... but I'm only a few chapters in.

Comments