Why I Love... Teaching

The new semester has begun, and that means I get to teach again. While preparing for some of these classes can be time consuming, I absolutely love teaching students in library/research instruction. I get to share with them tools and resources that will help them succeed. One of my favorite moments in these classes and when I see students, wide-eyed with awe when I show them a new tool that is perfect for them. (Usually RefWorks and the embedded citation tool it comes with does the trick.)

What I think I love best about teaching, however, is the fact that it causes me to research new things. Every class is different, so I have to prepare anew for each one. I have found so many books and resources from these classes that I am constantly amazed. More than once I have added a book to my TBR list because a class caused it to come across my path.

This job does have it's rewards.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Megan,

Just wondering if the image of the book and heart are copyrighted if not my I use it.

D. Cale
Meghan said…
I found the image on Google. No one has yet asked me to stop using it, but I don't know the original provenance or copyright claim.