What I Read This Week: September 7, 2014


The Fiance is in Chicago for work, and I have been left to fend for myself. You know what that means? Clean all the things and eat all the vegetables! I have also, not gonna lie, watched far too much bad television. On the productive front, I managed to catch up on a large back log of blog reading and computer file organizing. I was woefully behind on formatting and filing all the things I've added to Evernote.
  • Magazines
    • Washingtonian, September 2014 - This was the first issue of Washingtonian I've read and I am glad I subscribed. The magazine appears to be part news, part local, part style, and part eats with a bonus crossword puzzle. While I skimmed the cover article on classes to take, I enjoyed the articles on Dad's getting flex time for families and the artistry of nipple tattoos for post-op breast cancer patients. Also, I now know of a number of food trucks I need to visit. 
  • Books
    • After the doorstopperness that was Written In My Own Heart's Blood, I need a completely different. I started Jack Repcheck's The Man Who Found Time. The book is about Scotsman James Hutton and his revolutionary idea that the earth was not 6,000 years old. So far it's quite good and easy to read.

Comments