What I Read This Week: August 3, 2014

How in the heck is it August already? Seeing the calendar (and counting to December) made me realize I need to get back into wedding mode. Goodness there is much to do. Now I get why everyone was telling us to elope.

At least we're done with all the moving errands. That's one less thing to worry about.
  • Work
    • American Libraries, July/August 2014 -  This was mainly a casual, flip-through issue for me, but I did pause to read the commentary on reasserting school librarian's value and the monthly That's What They Said quotes about libraries.
  • Magazines
    • Martha Stewart Weddings, Spring 2014 - This was one of the real wedding issues and it was lovely to look at. I read all of the snippets associated with each featured wedding and I "awh"ed at every one of them. There was even a DC wedding featured. Le sigh. 
    • Brides, June/July 2014 - Flip. Flip. Flip. Ooo, pretty. Flip. Flip. Flip. Hmm, those are some helpful budget tips. Flip. Flip. Flip. Done. And that is the story of this issue.
    • Martha Stewart Weddings, Summer 2014 - This was the DIY issue and it was just as pretty to look at as all the other issues. All the DIY tutorials got me really excited about the decorating aspect of wedding planning. I might even be making a book-page bouquet if we decide to do a bouquet toss. 
  • Books
    • I am still making my way through Written in My Own Heart's Blood. I both want to barrel through the book to know what happens while also lingering to enjoy the read. Gah! Diana Gabaldon why are your books so good?
As a final note, I've been leaving all the wedding magazines in our building's laundry room. It's awesome seeing other people take them to read. I'm glad these massive glossy things are getting used by multiple people. I should probably just start doing this with all of my magazines. Hmm... note to self...

Comments