What I Read This Week: August 24, 2014

My September magazines have started to arrive. Huzzah! That means I finally have easy to carry commuting material again. I think this also indicates that my August issues were either tossed at our old apartment or were never forwarded my way. Pout. I might go back and read the back issues online. I doubt it, but you never know.
  • Work
    • Our library is about to put up an exhibit on some of the notable alumni from our University. I'm on the team writing their bios for display. Yeah! I won't name names in case they get cut from the final exhibit, but I read quite a few biographical pages on these people and now I feel somewhat unaccomplished. Yeah? 
    • I decided it was time to start tackling the backlog of articles I saved for myself. I managed to read the following, "Developing a Social Media Strategy" by Natalie Burclaff and Catherine Johnson. Hopefully I'll get to more next week.
  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, September 2014 - Oooo The Atlantic is taking on education. The claws are out in many of these articles (The Future of College and The Law School Scam) and I think that is awesome. As someone who works in higher education, I love anything that tackles the hard issues and tries to fix the problems. Also, the quick bit about baklava made me hungry.
    • Cooking Light, September 2014 - I made a poor decision and read this issue while on the elliptical. The entire time I kept thinking, "I wanna eat that. I wanna eat that. I wanna eat that." The cravings were particularly strong when I hit the article on the best snacks. Yum! I pulled a few recipes to try including a whole spread of fritata ideas.
  • Books
    • I keep getting closer to the end of Written In My Own Heart's Blood and it makes me want to start the series from the beginning. Also, it has occurred to me that, thus far, the Jamie/Claire pages seem to only occur during a week-ish long time period. Interesting.

Comments