What I Read This Week: July 13, 2014

I am SO HAPPY to be done with moving. I am covered in bruises and most of them came from Comcast. Grumblegrumblegrumble. At least everything is up and running and we're pretty much done unpacking. It's going to take awhile for the new place to feel like home, but I'll get there.

Spending 8+ hours on the phone with Comcast did not leave much time for reading, but I did manage to tackle the following:
  • Magazines
    • National Geographic, July 2014 - Astronomy! Love it. The "Life Beyond Earth" article was right up my alley. I also squeed when I saw this issue contained another installment of Paul Salopek's walk around the globe. Lastly, I was impressed by the piece on goliath groupers partly because I had listed to an NPR interview about aquaculture the same day.
  • Books
    • I finished All Quiet on the Western Front. Full review at some point.
    • I started reading the most recent book in the Outlander series, Written In My Own Heart's Blood. I'm flying through it but this sucker is nearly 900 pages long. It may take me all summer to finish it. That's okay! I love Diana Gabaldon.
  • Other

Comments