Why I Love: Coffee Table Books

You know those big, oversized books that always seem to be in the sale section at big box booksellers? I love those. I rarely buy them, but I love them.

Coffee table books are magnetic to me. I love to flip through the glossy pages and get lost looking for hidden treasures in the images. These aren't books I "read," these are books I ingest. I slowly go through each page absorbing whatever the author has placed in front of me. The subjects of these books are all over the place and that makes them all the more intriguing to me. I own books on Princess Diana's fashion, illustrated Grimm's fairytales, and astronomy. Each book is full of luscious images and interesting text. I love pouring over each image trying to find hidden details. Coffee table books may be heavy to hold, but the pain in the wrists is worth the enjoyment of hours of beautiful digestion.

Best of all, coffee table books make the best home decor. Place a few "just so" and your home comes alive.

Comments