What I Read This Week: June 1, 2014

I should stop trying to write stuff here. It's always hard to try to pinpoint those few ideas that sum up my week. My brain was pulled in all sorts of directions this week. I'm sure if someone tried to diagram out all the thoughts in my mind from the past few days, it would be quite the messy spider's web.
  • Magazines
    • Real Simple, June 2014 - The dog who posed for the cover of this issue is totally adorable. When it comes to content, I enjoyed the articles on reading, modern etiquette, and how to handle common injuries. I pulled one recipe as an inspiration for that random jar of bacon tomato pasta sauce we have in our pantry.
    • Martha Stewart Real Weddings, Fall 2013 - The front half of this issue was entirely "meh," then it got pretty awesome in the second half. I enjoyed looking at all the pictures from the real weddings, but I loved how the random number facts were included at the end of each article. Also, there were some tasty looking cakes in this issue. 
    • Brides, April/May 2014 - This was a thick issue that was absolutely stuffed with pictures of dresses and advertisements for dresses. I'm not entirely sure there were any actual articles to be had. 
  • Books
    • I finished Caitlin Moran's How To Be A Woman. It was a phenomenal book; I'll have a complete review soon... as soon as I let the fan-girlness subside.
    • Now on my nightstand - a romance novel. Specifically, Mary Balogh's The Arrangement.
  • Other
    • #yesallwomen

Comments