What I Read This Week: May 18, 2014

The weekend has been cuh-razy. My first dress fitting (just to make sure they sent the right dress/size), wedding dress shopping for my mom, bridal shower (composed of a trip to The Drybar and brunch), and my brother was in town. Earlier in the week, the Fiance and I met with the final florist on your list of options... and now we need to pick one.

Can I take a nap?
  • Magazines
    • Bridal Guide, March/April 2014 - I pick-up Bridal guide for the pretty pictures, but this issue has some great budget saver and "food bar" ideas.
    • Bridal Guide, May/June 2014 - This issue had some interesting DIY ideas. I found the ceremony guide to be pretty helpful. The Fiance and I are creating our own ceremony, so this might be helpful. I also pulled a small image as hair inspiration - I wish the picture was bigger.
    • National Geographic, May 2014 - I love this magazine because it always teaches me something new. This issue has an article on shipbreaking that I found fascinating because it was an entirely new subject to me. In addition to that piece, also enjoyed the article on the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Seine in Paris (let me go back!).
  • Books
    • This week's schedule didn't leave me much time for book reading, but I managed a few pages of How to Be a Woman. I enjoy this book and hope I can devout a bit more time to it in the coming days.
  • Other

Comments