Read-a-thon Countdown

Read-a-thon is on Saturday, and I have a confession to make. I almost didn't want to participate this time. The non-reading side of my life has been so busy that read-a-thon felt like just another thing on my calendar. I was worried that booking off a whole Saturday for reading would put me behind in wedding planning, distract me from my to do list, and just generally be a hurdle in my life. I respect read-a-thon too much to make it a chore.

After a few days of thought and a serious look at my calendar, I decided that I could still participate in read-a-thon and enjoy doing so. Most of our wedding vendor meetings are ending up on Sundays or weekdays, The Fiance and I have no pressing issues or errands, and all of my friends assume I do read-a-thon anyway so there are no big events on the calendar. Heck, at this point, the idea of lying around and reading all day sounds downright indulgent and relaxing.

So, participating I shall be but don't expect me to stay up very late. In the lead up to Saturday, here is the blog posting plan:

  • Monday: This here post
  • Tuesday: Charity Introduction
  • Wednesday: Book Selection
  • Thursday: Book Order
  • Friday: The Noms

Also, this read-a-thon is sort of special in that it marks the one year anniversary of The Fiance and I's engagement. D'awww.

Can't help myself... I love this picture.

Comments