Hour 1: Wherein Our Reader Wakes Up and Giggles

CURRENTLY READING: Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo

THOUGHTS?: What a fun book to start my read-a-thon. I had no expectations and, actually, didn't have a clue what the story was about - I just knew I liked DiCamillo's work. This book is highly entertaining and quiet advanced in the vocabulary for a children's book.

SNACKS AND STUFF: I devoured my kick-off snack and coffee. Speaking of which, my cup seems to require a refill.

COMPANION UPDATE: The Fiance is abed. He kicked me out when my alarm went off, rolled over, and promptly went back to sleep. There shall be no updates from Lady B this time around. Her folks are in town so she is otherwise occupied.

ANYTHING ELSE?: I forgot to pull my CDs out from under the bed. D'oh! Happily, I've discovered that Pandora has a pretty good Film Scores station.

PAGES READ THIS HOUR: 126
PAGES READ TOTAL: 126 (glad the first hour never requires math)


BOOKS COMPLETED: None yet.

BONUS CONTENT:  My belated entry information for the Kick-Off Meme...

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
- Sunny Silver Spring, MD. It rained all night, but the sun is out now and everything seems new and fresh.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
- The Budget Bytes cookbook. I <3 blog.="" br="" the="">
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
- The cheese. In particular, the goat cheese.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
- I'm getting married in December and wedding planning has consumed my life. Other than that, I enjoy reading, crossword puzzles, watching football and hockey, and eating carbs.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
- I'm trying to enjoy myself more. I'm seeing today as a day of relaxation and won't be forcing myself to Read All The Things or Stay Up All The Lates.

Comments