What I Read This Week: March 9, 2014

As much as I like snow, I am so ready for winter to be done. I can has sun dresses?
  • Magazines
    • Cooking Light, March 2014 - I was pleasantly surprised by the article on vegan eating. Actually, I should say that the focus on cooking from scratch is what made it appealing. I enjoyed looking at the chicken recipes, but they were mostly repeats. I did pull a delicious scone recipe. I hope to try it soon. 
    • Food Network, March 2014 - An issue devoted entirely to bacon? Yes, please! That said, the BLT cake looked yummy but also scary.
    • American Libraries, March/April 2014 - The digital issue came out this week, so I gave it a quick read. This issues mainly covered ALA's Emerging Leaders and mid-winter conference. Nothing to earth-shattering, but it's nice to catch up. There were also an interesting article on film libraries. As the subject librarian for media studies at my library, that was right up my alley.
    • Real Simple, March 2014 - I'm a simple girl when it comes to style and beauty, but I greatly enjoyed the review of beauty products old and new. There was an article on embarrassing gaffes and how to handle them; I was fascinated by the psychology behind it all. Also, who doesn't love one pot meals?
  • Books
    • I am still working a few pages at a time through The Knot Complete Guide to Weddings. Much to my chagrin, it's still giving me stress dreams. 
    • Mark Bowden continues to make complex "things" interesting. While the going is slow, I'm enjoying my time with Worm. Who knew computer code could be so riveting?

Comments