What I Read This Week: March 30, 2014

My second crazy weekend in a row is almost over. This time, it was a wedding in New York City. The Fiance and I opted to take the bus up with some friends. That left us a lot of uninterrupted time for reading (and napping - I succumb from vehicular narcolepsy quite a bit).
  • Magazines
    • Food Network, April 2014 - I was a bit bummed that their slow cooker issue was released as we're leaving slow cooker season, but I did save a few recipes to try. One of my favorite pieces was the quick hit articles on the store bought favorites chefs use. I also flagged a few deviled egg recipes to try. Finally, the pasta from scratch article is not to be missed.
    • Real Simple, April 2014 - I perused through the articles on cleaning from A to Z and cooking techniques - otherwise this issue was pretty meh.
  • Books
    • I finished Worm. About darn time. It was not my favorite Bowden book, but it was still an enjoyable read. 
    • I started a new book. This one is Pope Joan. The print is very very tiny. I may be reading it for awhile.
  • Other
    • I love food. I would eat cheese all day if it was socially acceptable. Since I can't, I like to console myself by reading about food. The New York Times posted a very interesting (and delicious sounding) piece on modern casseroles.

Comments