What I Read This Week: March 23, 2014

This weekend is the first of three in a row where I am "out of office" so to speak. This weekend was Lady C's bridal shower, bachelorette party, and final dress fitting. Next weekend, The Fiance and I are attending a wedding in New York City. Then, the weekend after that one is Lady C's wedding. March and the beginning of April are rather nut-so, but at least it's all joyous and fun stuff.
  • Magazines
    • Cooking Light, April 2014 - It is cruel that the spring issue arrived while there was still snow on the ground. Not cool. At least the recipes were delectable. The Fiance noticed that I tend to pull/save a lot of pasta based recipes. I find pasta recipes easy and tasty, so I tend to default to them. While I pulled a ton of recipes from this issue, only one of them was pasta based. Go me. I also think this issue was reading my mind. I've been wanting to experiment with tilapia since it's always on sale at our grocery store, and this issue had a whole section devoted to tilapia. Win!
  • Books
    • I finally (!) finished The Knot Complete Guide to Weddings. It only took me 7 months and numerous stress dreams to get through but I did it. The book has been extremely helpful and I'll be referencing it until the big day arrives. 
    • I read a few more pages in Worm. The narrative style is a bit messier than Bowden usually employs, but the book is still enjoyable if a bit heavy on the tech speak.

Comments