The Friday Find: The Reading Girl

The weather was so lovely last Saturday that The Fiance and I decided to play DC tourist. One of our stops was the National Gallery of Art. We were just wandering about the sculptures when I found The Reading Girl. Naturally, I stopped. If you happen to follow me on Instagram, you might have seen me post a picture of said sculpture.


As I was snapping  pictures, The Fiance suggested that I use her as the Friday Find. Good idea.

The Reading Girl or La Leggitrice was carved by Pietro Magni in 1861. I find her to be both lovely and realistic looking (although I know of no one who has hair that good while they read). The sculpture is housed in the niche of a window, so our subject seems to be ensconced in a window seat. If you're ever in DC, I recommend swinging by the Gallery to see her in person.


Comments