What I Read This Week: February 2, 2014

All hail the return of magazine reading! Despite the fact that I had my first rec league volleyball game on Tuesday and went to Swan Lake on Wednesday, I managed to plow through a large part of my magazine backlog. I've instituted a policy. I can't read any wedding magazines (which I love), until I clear out the backlog of all my other magazines. It seems to be working.


  • Magazines
    • Martha Stewart Living, December 2013 - This was the Christmas issue, and also the last issue of my subscription. While a few recipes looked tasty, I'm not sad that I will no longer be receiving this magazine.
    • Food Network, December 2013  - Gimme all the cookies! I pulled several recipes from throughout the issue - particularly from the big, easy dinners that are perfect for winter bit. I also appreciate the article listing food gifts from each state.
    • Food Network, January/February 2014 - Normally, the only strong reaction I have towards recipes is one of GIMME!, but the recipes for various seven layer dips did not look particularly appetizing. Happily, the potato bagels recipe and instructions looked quite delish. The cover article on light dinners was also scrumptious.
    • Real Simple, January 2014 - This issue was all about finding balance. Meh.
    • National Geographic, January 2014 - January was just an okay issue. I mainly enjoyed the images and the article on guest workers.
  • Books

    • Somehow, I managed to read about a third of Allegient. I might even finish before the week is over. Still not thrilled with where this book took the series... but there are still pages left to be read.

Comments