What I Read This Week: December 15, 2013

What is it about the lead up to the holidays that makes me stop reading? I guess a marathon of decorating, holiday cards, shopping, and packing do tend to end with flops on the couch with TV instead of reading. Oh well. I'll start reading again once it's all done. I do have a massive door-stopper of a book to get through.
  • Work
    • I perused through the latest PEW report on how Americans value their public libraries. The good news is that people like us and find us useful, but we still need to figure out the best way to translate goodwill into usage and funds. 
    • I flipped through the 2014 edition of the ALA catalog. Didn't find much that I had not already seen.
  • Books
    • None. Yikes! I got distracted by Christmas errands and episodes of The Office.
  • Other
    • The Atlantic had a fascinating post on raising the minimum wage. I found it to be a thorough and even-handed argument. It's long, but worth the read.
    • As a person who still sends snail mail notes, this story on written letters made me sniffle.

Comments