What I Read This Week: November 3, 2013

Holy Calendar, Batman! How in the heck did it get to be November already? Thank goodness we got an extra hour of sleep last night. I desperately needed it. (Last Saturday, I accidentally slept until 3:30 pm. Oops.)

I wish I could find a way to read while sleeping. I feel as if that would be an invention beloved by millions. Science! Get on that!
  • Magazines
    • National Geographic, November 2013 - This issue had only one story that caught my interest. It was the cover story about a monster storm and storm chasers. This story was so poignant because it documents the personal side of science. The pictures of the reefs were also quite pretty.
    • Real Simple, October 2013 - This issue was a browse and toss for me. The part I liked the best was the "Month of  Weeknight Meals"... but I accidentally read that online first. Whoops.
  • Books
    • I'm slowly making my way through Joy for Beginner's. This book is still great, but I am having trouble keeping all the names straight. I blame that on reader error and my inability to read more than 5 pages at a time
  • Other
    • I'm originally from upstate New York and my folks still live there. My father predicated that Kirsten Gillibrand, there House rep at the time, was going somewhere long before the pundits. I read (and forwarded them) this article on The Atlantic about the Senator and where she might be headed. Normally I TL;DR stuff like this, but this piece was well written and intriguing.
    • Apparently researchers can analyze your Facebook profile to tell if you and your significant other are in it for the long haul. It was quite a "huh, I wonder" kind of study.

Comments