What I Read This Week: November 24, 2013

I had so many meetings this week that I forgot what day it was. Seriously, I tried to make it Thursday every day. Then I Thursday, I tried to make it Friday. Clearly I need this upcoming break.
  • Work
    • Lots of social media policies. Too many to count... and I'm not done yet. At least I love doing this kind of work.
  • Magazines
    • Cooking Light, November 2013 - I enjoyed the article about how to cook for a group. I'm also a big fan of all the holiday recipes. The most valuable article, however, was probably "7 Simple Ways to Become a Better Cook."
    • Martha Stewart Living, November 2013 - Flip. Flip. Flip. Decent article on Thanksgiving 101. Flip. Flip. Flip. Pretty images of the garden in fall. Flip. Flip. Flip. Done.
    • Real Simple, November 2013 - The piece on why you should have a good cry almost got me crying. The cheese plate suggestions did make me hungry. The party hosting tips are going to come into use because The Fiance and I are throwing and Apps and Zerts holiday party in December.
    • Food Network Magazine, November 2013 - The list of Thanksgiving tips was great (although some of the tips contradicted each other). I pulled a variety of recipes from this issue. I am a sucker for autumnal food. 
  • Books
    • I finished The Knot Book of Wedding Gowns. I'll give a full review later, but I did enjoy the history of the wedding dress as well as the structural breakdown of how they are made. Pretty cool. Also, none of the sample dresses in the book appealed to me. I guess that means I picked the right dress. Woot!
  • Other
    • Emily Asher-Perrin has written a spectacular article on why Neville Longbottom is the key, nay, the vital character in the Harry Potter series. You should read it.

Comments