What I Read This Week: November 27, 2013

Whoops. Meant to post this yesterday.
  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, October 2013 - This issue didn't have one single HUGE article that I normally expect to read. Instead, this issue was composed of shorter (for this magazine) essays and all of them were quite good. I very much enjoyed the two articles on high school. The first was how sports are ruining high school - and it did give me a better idea of how students lose focus on their work when sports are there. The second was on homework overload. That one gave me flashbacks. I also greatly enjoed the articles on terrorism in Mali and how the US economy is recovering. 
  • Books
    • I started reading (as in, I'm 5 pages into) Erica Bauermeister's Joy For Beginners. So far it promises to live up to her other books.

Comments