Read-a-thon: Wrap Up

Ah, sleep felt good.

Okay, now that I'm mobile and have coffee in hand, it's time to wrap-up read-a-thon. In the end I finished five books (and almost half of six) for a total of 1,408. After some math, that means I will be donating $70.40 to First Book. Since I like easier numbers, I will be rounding that up to $75.

Now onto the end-of-event survey:

Which hour was most daunting for you?
Definitely Hour 18, my last. I could barely keep my eyes open.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Anything by Erica Bauermeister has been a winner for me. I also find that YA is better suited for read-a-thon.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I thought it was awesome this year. I've got no changes.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I loved the pre-event posts. They really got me excited for read-a-thon.

How many books did you read?
I finished 5.5 books.

What were the names of the books you read?
Simply Scones by Leslie Weiner and Barbara Albright
Skinny by Donna Cooner
The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger
The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister
McGuire’s Irish Pub Cookbook by Jessie Tirsch
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen (Half-Finished)

Which book did you enjoy most?
The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister

Which did you enjoy least?
McGuire's Irish Pub Cookbook by Jessie Tirsch

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
As long as my schedule allows, I will be there as a reader.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for being with us and for your feedback! We really enjoyed the pre-event posts, too. :D --Andi