Read-a-thon: Reading For

As is my routine, I shall be reading in support of First Book. According to their website:
First Book is determined to see that all children, regardless of their economic conditions, can achieve more in school and in life through access to an ongoing supply of new books. With the help of our partners, donors, and dedicated volunteers we have provided more than 100 million new books to schools and programs serving children in need. Yet millions are still waiting for our help. Together we can make a difference in children's lives. Together we can provide new books and critical resources that elevate the quality of education for children in low-income families.
For every page I finish, I will donate a nickle to the organization. In case my reading pace stinks, I will donate a minimum of $40.

If you are interested in learning more about First Book, please visit their website or tumblr.


Comments