Read-a-thon: The Books

I hit the public library after work today to collect reading stuff for read-a-thon. I went in with a plan. It was a good plan. Well researched and prepped. I had a short list of books that I wanted to grab with their corresponding call numbers and shelving locations. It was supposed to be an in-and-out job. Twas not. I think I ended up perusing the shelves for almost an hour.

I checked my local library's catalog this morning, and decided on the four books I wanted to pick-up. By the time I got there, two of the books had been checked out by other patrons (How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran and Scenes From an Impending Marriage by Adrian Tomine) and one book ended up being "meh" (The Museum of Thieves by Lian Tanner) when I read the back. At least my fourth book, Erica Bauermeister's The Lost Art of Mixing was still available.

After much wandering and thought, I decided to hit the Young Adult section. I started at the beginning of the alphabet and worked by way through the section until I found two books that have been floating around as TBR's in my head. The lucky winner's were The Luxe by Anna Godbersen and Skinny by Donna Cooner.


Once I made it home, I supplemented my thicker reads with cookbook palate cleansers. This time I went with McGuire's Irish Pub Cookbook, The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger, and Simply Scones.


Finally, I grabbed Surrender by Pamela Clare just in case I need that one last book in the wee hours of the night.


Comments