Read-a-thon: Money For Kids!

Read-a-thon is always a day of fun and relaxation for me. As with my previous read-a-thons, I'd like to share my love of reading with kids. I will be supporting the charity First Book with each page I finish.

For those who are new to my read-a-thon posts, First Book is an organization that put books in the hands of kids who would otherwise have none. For every $10 donated to the organization, First Book is able to put 4 books in the hands of young readers.
First Book provides new books to children in need, addressing one of the most important factors affecting literacy – access to books. An innovative leader in social enterprise, First Book has distributed more than 100 million free and low cost books in thousands of communities. First Book now has offices in the U.S. and Canada.
I will donate 5 cents to First Book for every page and finish. If I stink, like I did last time, I will round up to a number I like better. Kids + Books = Win!

Comments