Read-a-thon: Menu

The second best thing about read-a-thon (the first being reading all day), is the large amount of snacks I get to consume. The Boyfriend and I have worked out a menu for the day, most of it is the usual stuff that has worked for us in previous read-a-thons.

Of the course of my many read-a-thons, I've found that finger foods make the best nibbles. They're easy to eat while reading, and you can graze on them throughout the day. Also, I always feel less guilty about all the noms I'm stuffing my face with when they're a) small and b) vegetables and fruit.

That said, I also love having a starting snack and a heartier breakfast to help fuel me up for the day. This year, we're trying something a bit new in the breakfast column...

Kick-Off Snack
Greek Yogurt with Honey and Granola
Coffee

Breakfast
Egg and Sausage Casserole*
*My mum makes this at the B&B she runs. It is delish.
Mimosas
More Coffee

Lunch
Crudites with Dip
Fruit Nibbles
Cheese and Crackers

Dinner
TBD*
*The Boyfriend is in charge and he'll either surprise me or we'll order out.

Dessert
Homemade Banana Bread with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips
Various Chocolates We Have Lying About

Snacks
Chex Mix (The Bold Party Flavored Kind)
Popcorn

Tomorrow I will be back with pictures of my shopping haul (and possibly and step-by-step breakdown of how to make the egg and sausage casserole since it can be prepped the night before).

My taste buds are already salivating. Is it Saturday yet?

Also, as a reminder, it's not too late to sign-up to participate in read-a-thon! You can do so here.

Comments

Shelley said…
Sounds yummy, especially the Chex Mix. I'm not sure if I will participate or not yet, but I just can't seem to keep from at least visiting those how are :) Have fun!
Meghan said…
The chex mix is addictive. I had to hide it from myself so that I wouldn't eat it all before we even started.