Why I Love... Visiting Random Libraries

I have a thing for libraries.... as you might have noticed. Aside from being the place I go for free books and "stuff," I find the buildings themselves to be particularly charming. I love visiting libraries when I travel. They all have their own aura and feel about them.

Libraries are magical places to me. I become enchanted every time I discover each new nook and cranny. Some have soaring ceilings and intricate artwork. Other libraries are simple and plain. All libraries, however, have a sense of majesty about them; it's as if all the information they contain imbue a feeling of grandeur and imagination. Every library is different, but they all give off the same feeling of possibility.

When The Boyfriend and I visited his family this past Christmas, I made a point to pop into the local library. His hometown has an award winning library. Lucky! So, clearly, I had to stop by this place I had read about in a couple issues of American Libraries. And.... I took some pictures.

Enter the Children's Area!

Best. Reading. Room. Ever!
The children's room was absolutely wonderful. If I was a kid I'd spend hours in there. Heck, if I lived in Brentwood I would spend hours in that room. The rest of the library was styled in a craftsman/alpine lodge style. It was a magnificent building - one I wish I could visit every day. You can take a tour of this absolutely gorgeous library on their webpage.


Yes, my name is Meghan, and I spend my free time visiting other libraries.

Can you blame me? Just look at this website of beautiful libraries.



Comments

Stefanie said…
What a fantastic library! If I were a kid who lived near that library I definitely would never want to go anywhere else.
Meghan said…
I know! I felt like a 5-year old again when I walked in there.