What I Read This Week: December 9, 2012

No introduction this week. I'm feeling lazy and keep getting distracted my so-bad-it's-good shows on television. Oh Syfy, why you gotta show craptastic disaster movies all the time.
  • In my quest to clear out Google reader, I plowed through a lot of my unread items. I read a bunch of stuff, but I was highly entertained by Slate's The End of Pens - It almost makes me want to read the book the article reviews.
  • I managed to finish the December issue of National Geographic. The stories on the trees (awesome poster included), the Gaza tunnels, and fracking were quite good. So, that's one magazine down, but they keep piling up on me. Maybe I should get on that...
  • In other reading news, I finished:
    • The Fall 2012 issue of my University's magazine. The cover story was about Cool Jobs on Campus and, fun fact, I was a last minute member of the cover shot. Not gonna lie, I loved being a model. 
    • I put in dent in both my books (Harem and College Libraries and Student Culture). They're both good, but my wandering eyes keep seeing other things I want to read right now!. Don't you just hate it when that happens.
Speaking of wandering eyes... my girlfriends and I saw Anna Karenina on Friday. It was magnificent. I highly recommend it. The movie was so well done that it made me want to read the book.

Comments