What I Read This Week: December 23, 2012

I'm on a plane! Well, in a few hours I will be. The Boyfriend and I are headed to his parents place in Nashville for the holidays. I'm trying to sweet talk him into taking me to a honky-tonk. I've never been to one before and I'd like to use my boots for some dancing. I've also been promised a trip to the Ice! show where I'll get to slide on my butt down some ice for fun.

Onto the reading! Since I finished both my personal and work books, I decided that this week would be devoted to magazines.
  • The Atlantic, November 2012 - First, I think this magazine reformated it's style again. The layout/graphic design seemed way different than normal. I like it; seems a bit more modern. Second, this was a good and scary issue - like the editors wanted you to worried about the world. At least the articles were good. I quite liked the following:
  • National Geographic, January 2013 - This issue was all about exploration. The articles were great, but the images were the winner in this issue. I just say you get this issue and read it cover to cover.
  • American Libraries, November/December 2012 (Digital Supplement) - I skimmed most of this issue because it was online, but I found the articles on job market and personal branding to be very informative. 
  • Everyday Food, December 2012 - Apparently, this is the last issue (one of the last issues?) of this magazine. Martha Stewart has decided to include the features of this magazine into one of her other magazines. Well, if it is indeed the last issue, it was a good one to go out on. There were some delicious looking cookies and holiday meals that I pulled to make later.



Comments