What I Read This Week: October 7, 2012

All hail the three day weekend! My apologies to those *coughTheBoyfriendcough* those who have to work Monday.

I've spent my days sleeping (blessed blessed sleep), reading (oh blogs, why can't I quit you), and watching inordinate amounts of football (Go Irish!). That, my friends, is a successful long weekend. Just ignore that pile of laundry I have to tackle on Monday. Ahem.
  • I am proud of myself for I managed to read three magazines this week. Huzzah!
    • Real Simple, September 2012 - This installment twas not bad. I enjoyed the articles on women managing money and eating. Sadly, I didn't rip out any recipes, but I did snag a few outfit pages to pin later.
    • Health, September 2012 - I don't remember how, but I managed to snag a free year-long subscription to this magazine. This is my first issue and I was underwhelmed. I read this puppy while watching the debate on Wednesday and the content was not enough to distract me from the TV. 
    • American Libraries, September/October 2012 - Ever since this ALA mag reduced it's print schedule, I've found myself to be less interested in the content. I think that's because I've read most of the stories online before it ever arrives. C'est la vie. 
  • I managed to get some pages read in both my books.
    •  College Libraries and Student Culture, my work read, is all about how students and faculty use and view the library. Since I'm now on my library's marketing and programming committee, I figured this might be a valuable read. So far, I haven't read any earth shattering facts, but it's nice to see some printed backup from the stories we encounter everyday.
    • An Army of Angels is still going well. I will tell you all about my readathon plans regarding this book later. Check back for updates.

Comments