What I Read This Week: October 28, 2012

I totally forgot to put together a post last week. Whoops! My parents were in town for a visit and there were pumpkins to be picked. I'm remembering to write an entry this week because I'm trying not to freak out while I am a) watching my Irish play Oklahoma and B) be waiting for this Frankenstorm Sandy to approach.

As for what I read over the past two weeks...

  • I tackled a ton of magazines. Behold!
    • The Atlantic, Sept. 2012 - I finished reading this issue whilst exercising. Normally, I skip the fiction pieces, but this one wasn't half bad.
    • National Geographic, Oct. 2012 - This was a very good issue. The main piece on elephants and the ivory trade was heartbreaking, but eyeopening. The quick bit on leaves was also interesting, but had awesome pictures. Finally, the article on the Central American reef had the best images of them all.
    • The Atlantic, Oct. 2012 - This was an EXCELLENT issue. I read it cover to cover and loved every single article, particularly the ones on education. I actually stayed on the bike for an extra twenty minutes so that I could finish that last article. [In other news, the day I finished this issue, the November issue arrived. Figures.]
  • After read-a-thon, I started reading a romance novel by Pamela Clare. It's called Breaking Point, and it is delectable awful. I don't really care for the plot or pacing, but man am I having trouble putting it down at night. I love it when that happens.
  • Also, in preparation for this Hurricane/Nor'easter, I've been glued to The Washington Post blog Capital Weather Gang. It has been giving well written (and well illustrated) posts about the approaching storm.

Comments