Hour 7: Wherein Our Reader Desperately Wants to Finish


CURRENTLY READING: An Army of Angels. Still.

THOUGHTS?: I want to finish this book. I want to finish it now. It's good, but I want something else now. It feels like I've been reading this forever.

SNACKS AND STUFF: I forgot to lay them out. I shall do so in the next hour... particularly because the ND game starts at 3:30.

COMPANION UPDATE: The Boyfriend is back and has shorter hair. The Roomie sent me this message:

Behold my amazing pile of finished books! 


Initial thoughts on Beloved: I can easily see why this book is considered to be a classic. There are some heartbreaking passages that really hit home about the emotional scars of slavery even after they were free. The end, however, was a whole lot of WTF. Instead of jumping into the next book, I'm going to go see if my laptop is at the package office and open up my new shiny. Beloved definitely requires some mulling over.

Also, I believe that snackaging will be brought out soon. Noms.
  
ANYTHING ELSE?: My football time might lose today, and I am preemptively sad.

PAGES READ THIS HOUR: 32 (back down again)
PAGES READ TOTAL: 222

BOOKS COMPLETED:
Bah!

Comments

Janel said…
Hang in there! take some time for a mini challenge or even a walk around the house, taking a break for a football game is totallly acceptable as well. The important part is to have fun! #cheerSweetarts
Meghan said…
Thanks Janel! Sometimes I need a remember when a book feels sluggish.