Countdown to Read-a-Thon

ZOMG! I can't believe read-a-thon is on Saturday. No, really. I keep forgetting that we are less than one week away from 24 hours of reading (and eating).

Unlike previous read-a-thons, I am so unprepared for this installment. I wish I could have something/someone to blame, but it simply snuck up on me this year. Normally, I finish my current book a few days before the read-a-thon, take a break from reading to refresh myself, and then hit the library (and grocery store) to stock up on supplies. Not this year. I started a book, An Army of Angels, a few weeks back and I still have not finished it. That prompted a radically change how I structure my read-a-thon.

Just how, do you ask, will my read-a-thon change? Continue reading!

It took me a few days to think out a plan, but I finally settled on something. I'll start read-a-thon by finishing An Army of Angels. I will then continue my Saturday by reading books that are currently in my personal library and have not been read before. I need to clear out some shelf space (my bookcases are looking overcrowded), so this read-a-thon will help me clear that out. I will pre-select my books (post on that to come) to make sure the bulk of my read-a-thon is spent plowing through pages instead of waffling about what to read next.

Also, in previous read-a-thons, I've palate cleansed with graphic novels. This time around, I will do that same but with cookbooks instead. I have a funny feeling that this decision will cause me to snack more. Oh well, it can't be helped.

Comments

I'm posting my pile o' books tomorrow- and including a linky for those who wish to share theirs, because that's my favorite pre-readathon ritual! Last readathon I went to my friend Kim's house and did readathon with our friend Steph- more eating and laughing went on than reading, but still fun! This time around we'll have another blogger friend over, so 4 women, dozens of books and lots of snacks! I can hardly wait!
Meghan said…
That sounds like an excellent plan. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday with friends.