What I Read This Week: September 30, 2012

I think I may need to take a vacation from life. This week I went to trivia, saw a show, and went to a potluck/football viewing party. I am le tired. Whilst I love doing stuff, I can turn into a hobbit at times. Right now, I am eagerly awaiting a week where I can come home from work and veg to my heart's content.

One day...
  • I tackled the elliptical and recumbent bike on Tuesday (ew, exercise) and managed to finish the September 2012 issue of National Geographic. The article (and photos) on Weather Gone Wild was stunning. The other article I enjoyed was on the walls of ancient Rome - pretty fascinating stuff. I am so glad that I decided to subscribe to this magazine because every issue has been good.
  • I also managed to read to read the October issue of Everyday Food. This, folks, was a winner of an issue. While I did not pull all of the recipes, I pulled quite a few. Everything in this issue looked delicious. There were even two series of recipes: the first about meatballs and the other about upside down desserts. Do not read this before dinner; it will make you over eat.
  • At work, I finally got around to reading the July 2012 issue of Library Resources and Technical Services. I skimmed the majority of this issue but I did find the article on bibliographic records to be relevant to my interests. I also enjoyed the review of collection development and management literature.
  • On the home front, I read a few more pages in the Joan of Arc book. It's a good read so far, but very slow going. I think I need to stop falling asleep after 10 minutes. Maybe then I would be able to get settled into the text.

Comments