What I Read This Week: April 29, 2012

My week has been full of random reads, bocce, and talking The Boyfriend into watching Mad Men. (I've seen the first two seasons and he's seen none... so we started watching from the pilot this week. Woot!) To make the past few days extra special, my boys, The Washington Capitals, decided to beat the Boston Bruins in Game 7 overtime. Huzzah! I guess it's time to let my heart start beating again.

Now back to the reading. All in all, it was a rather decent week. I thought I might suffer from read-a-thon burnout, but this summary suggest otherwise.
  • Whilst on the elliptical this week, I started in on the May 2012 issue of The Atlantic. I haven't made it to the feature stories yet, but I enjoyed the short pages on free diving ("Waiting to Exhale") and the Uber cab service in DC ("Why You Can't Get a Taxi"). Both of those articles were very interesting, which leads me to believe that this issue could be stellar.
  • I finished another book. Woot! I managed to flip through the rest of my professional read - Performance Management and Appraisal. I'll have a review later - after I get through all my read-a-thon reviews.
  • I also started a new professional book - The Challenge of Library Management. I'm just a few pages in, so I have not formed an opinion yet.
  • Call me one to cave to media saturation. I've had The Hunger Games on the brain for weeks now. I decided to give in and re-read this book. So far, it holds up to my memories, but I'm only a few pages in.

Comments