Read-a-thon: Order in the Pile

I've finally settled on a reading over for my read-a-thon pile. The varying sizes of the books make this a rather precarious pile, but I'll try to read the books fast enough to keep them from falling over. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is.

The final reading order is:

The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo
Cupcakes of Doom! by Ray Friesen
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton
The Titanic Sinks! by Thomas Conklin
A Family Secret by Eric Heuvel
Rex Libris: I, Librarian by James Turner
Death of a Travelling Man by M.C. Beaton
Into the Volcano by Don Wood
The Storm in the Barn by Matt Phelan
Food Rules by Michael Pollan
The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister


Only three more days to go!

Comments

Megan Reichelt said…
Oh the irony. I am going to a librarian seminar which prevents me from doing this. :-(

Where do you find out the official dates? Are you on a notification list?
Megan Reichelt said…
Oh the irony. I am going to a librarian seminar which prevents me from doing this. :-(

Where do you find out the official dates? Are you on a notification list?
Very impressive pile! I can't wait to see what books you get to, and I'm thinking I might have to read some books about the Titanic..
Meghan said…
Megan - That happened to me once. I had a SLIS class that kept me from participating when I first discovered it. As for knowing the day, I follow the blog (http://24hourreadathon.com) to know the dates. Their always in April and October so I have a general sense. I'll keep you posted with the October date as they usually announce it right after the April read-a-thon.

Kate - Thanks! It hasn't fallen over yet, even though the HUGE McQueen book is at the top. I consider that a win. If you need any Titanic book recommendations, let me know. I own quite a few.
Paulina said…
Nice list of books, with a good variety! I hope you get through a good part of the pile on read-a-thon day.
Meghan said…
Thanks Paulina! I hope I get through at least half of it. Considering that there are a lot of graphic novels in there, I think I can do it.