Read-a-thon: It Begins...

Read-a-thon begins in t-minus 9(ish) days. The stockpiling of snacks and books commenceth!

I started my pile by pulling a book from the "Popular Reading" shelves at work.

Office Pet approves.

This Pollan title has been floating around in my head for awhile. It's non-fiction, but also short with pictures. I think this might be the perfect mid-a-thon read when I feel the urge to plow through something fast. I love padding my numbers, it gives me a sense of being awesome.

Next, I plan on hitting the library (I have one book on hold that might be perfect for read-a-thon) and scouring my shelves for books. I aim to have 8 books ready on hand. I'm doing the usual mix of "regular" books and graphic novels.

In related news... The DC metro decided to do extensive track work the weekend of read-a-thon. They are shutting down the station near my apartment. I am stranded at home. Normally I'd whine about that, but I appreciate the extra incentive to participate in read-a-thon... not that I needed any.

As of right now, both The Boyfriend and The Roomie plan on participating. I'll keep you posted about our reading selections and noms.

Bring it on, read-a-thon!

Comments