Read-a-thon: I'm Supporting...

During this spring's read-a-thon, I've decided to support First Book. I've supported this organization in the past, and continue to be inspired by their work to promote literacy. The organization continues to do great things and recently received the highest rating from Charity Navigator

First Book is determined to see that all children, regardless of their economic conditions, can achieve more in school and in life through access to an ongoing supply of new books.

With the help of our partners, donors and dedicated volunteers we have provided more than 90 million new books to schools and programs serving children in need. Yet millions of children are still waiting for our help.

Together we can make a difference in children’s lives. Together we can provide new books and critical resources that elevate the quality of education for children in low-income families.

For every book I read, I will donate $10 to First Book. I've got 11 books in my pile and hope to make it through at least half of them. If you're interested in donating, please visit the First Book web donation page.

If you're supporting a cause during read-a-thon, please feel free to leave their information in the comments in case others are looking for good organizations.

Comments