What I Read this Week: March 3, 2012

Who has a four-day weekend? This girl! Thus, I managed to flip through all of my magazines (minus the most recent Atlantic... which I am saving for this coming week's gym visits). Woohoo!



  • To get through the magazine spree included the following:

    • The March issue of Cooking Light. While I did not pull any recipes from this issue, I greatly enjoyed the article about chef's comfort foods. Mmmm... soup.
    • The March issue of Real Simple. I usually pull quite a bit of stuff from this magazine, but in this issue, I only tagged the spread on ten ideas for shrimp. I heart me some shellfish.
    • I also read the January/February issue of American Libraries. There was nothing to exciting about this issue, but I did like reading about how to make book displays more popular. It must be the marketer in me.
    • Finally, my I-Had-Exercising-So-Let's-Bribe-Ourselves-With-Reading magazine was the Jan./Feb. issue of The Atlantic. I managed to finish it. Additional woohoo! 
  • Only one NPR story caught my eye this week. I love Robert Krulwich's blog. This week, he did a great story about an endangered species that was once thought to be extinct. Warning: If you're squeamish around bugs, don't read.
  • Another random article on the intertubes also caught my fancy. This one was about the myth of the eight-hour sleep. The content is quite fascinating.
  • I got a few more pages into Everyman for Himself. It remains and easy read, but I wouldn't say I like it all that much yet.
  • And, lastly, I started reading Unpacking My Library: Writers and Their Books for work. I need to write a book review (or two) for our spring semester newsletter, and I'm hoping to read and review this book in time.

Comments