What I Read This Week: March 18, 2012

Washington DC was gloriously warm this week. I took walks at lunch. They were delightful. On Tuesday, I had delicious Indian food and took a painting/wine class with The Roomie. That too was delightful. I also did some reading.
  • I was a good exerciser and went to the gym twice this week. That time on the elliptical allowed me to finish the March issue of The Atlantic. The Obama article was interesting, but I don't know if I would consider him "explained." 
  • When I finished the Atlantic I had one glorious day when there were no magazines to be read. None. My box was empty. The euphoria lasted all of 24 hours, when I came home to find the April issue of Real Simple waiting for me. Curse you mail man! Luckily, I managed to finish the issue and my magazine box was empty once again. Woohoo!
  • But then, on Friday, what should my eyes see in my mailbox but two more magazines. I love every magazine I subscribe to, but I want to feel a sense of accomplishment by seeing my magazine box empty for one whole week. Good thing my Friday night consisted of watching hockey, drinking wine, eating pizza, and reading these magazines.
    • Magazine number one was the April Everyday Food. I pulled a couple of recipes from this issue including the Beef-and-Asparagus Curry and Cheese-and-Chive Biscuits.
    • The second magazine was also an April edition. This entry was from Cooking Light. I also pulled a few recipes from this one. The recipe I am most excited to try is the sauteed butter-thyme mushrooms. The shrimp vodka pasta also looked rather delectable. Noms.
  • There were a few interesting articles and blog posts this week that wandered into my reading:
    • I finished (!) Unpacking My Library early in the week. That means I've completed book number 5 for the year. (Reviews will come... one day.) That also means I was able to start my new work read, Fundamentals of Technical Services Management. I'm a few pages in and the content is helpful but not entirely new.
    • I put a dent in my personal reading book, Everyman for Himself. I am still not done... and I'm still not liking it that much - I had better finish soon.Good thing there are only 30 or so pages left.

    Comments