What I Read This Week: Feb. 12, 2012

I was out and about a lot this week. (Go Caps!) I also decided to introduce The Boyfriend to The Tudors. (Gotta love Netflix streaming.) That said, I still managed to get some reading in this week.

  • Just when I think I'm making a dent in my magazine pile, Real Simple sends me the March edition. So, I spent Monday night reading the February 2012 issue so that I can finally call myself up to date. The cover recipe (slow cooker chicken and dumplings) is going into my "To Make One Day" pile. Actually, everything in the slow cooker recipe section looked delicious. I also think I might try a few of the crunchless ab exercises.
  • Also Monday night I succeeded in finishing off my Cooking Light magazines. Huzzah! (I now expect the March issue to arrive in my mailbox ASAP.) The Jan./Feb. 2012 issue was rather average for Cooking Light. I only ripped out a few pages to save for later. I am, however, looking forward to the future articles on the top 100 cookbooks of the past 25 years. I would also be lying if I didn't admit that I salivated over the Chocolate Recipes section.
  • I subscribe to The Washington Post. Normally, I skim most articles, but this week I found their story on local youth ice hockey to be quite good.
  • Finally, I read a few more pages in my two ongoing books (Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea and Succeeding in the Project Management Jungle). One of these days I will actually get around to finishing them.

Comments