What I Read this Week: January 28, 2012


New Feature! First edition.

As I mentioned in my earlier blog update post, In What I Read this Week, I will chronicle the best of "stuff" I read over the previous week.

So, here is a list of what I perused over the past week.
  •  While working out at the gym this week, I finally finished reading the December 2011 issue of the Atlantic Monthly. The articles I enjoyed the most were "What I Lost in Libya" and "The Glory of Oprah." I knew those two hit the spot when I forgot that I was working out. (Exercise and I, we are not friends.)
  • My magazines have been building up since before the holidays. I'm making a valiant effort to read them all (or at least make it to the most recent issues). Tuesday night, as I watch the Washington Capitals beat the Boston Bruins (wooot!), I flipped through the most recent issue of Everyday Food. The Boyfriend made chicken tortilla soup for dinner... which happened to be the cover image. (He used the Williams-Sonoma recipe and it was delicious. More please.)
  • Continuing my motoring through the magazine backlog, I read the December 2011 issue of Real Simple. I love how their holiday issue is jam packed with cheap gift ideas. This issue was far thicker than usual, but considering most of the additional pages were just pretty pictures, I did not mind the extra heft.
  • Book wise, I'm still working on Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea. I've been reading this in fits and spurts - mostly right before bed. I finally started my new commuting read this week - Succeeding in the Project Management Jungle. (The cover images for this books are in the right-hand sidebar.)

Comments