Book 54: McNally's Luck

TITLE: McNally's Luck
AUTHOR: Lawrence Sanders
STARTED: November 19, 2011
FINISHED: November 22, 2011
PAGES: 324
GENRE: Mystery

FIRST SENTENCE: The cat's name was Peaches, and it was a fat Persian with a vile disposition.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] McNally's Luck begins as a search for a purloined pet but quickly becomes far more lethal. As investigator for his father's prestigious law firm, McNally regularly sees a side of elegant Palm Beach that's best described as seamy. But even he is shocked by the Pandora's box of lust and larceny slowly opening before him. On the heels of the catnapping, a prominent woman is brutally murdered, and in some cryptic way, the acts are linked. As he fits the many pieces of the puzzle into a single, lurid truth, Archy crosses paths with mediums, murderers, impostors and adulterers - and learns at an eerie seance that there are scandals even death can't hide. 

THOUGHTS: Okay, this series might be growing on me. My qualms about McNally as a character are still there, but I was able to get through this book without snorting. Progress!

I also liked the mystery in this one. Weird, I know. Maybe there is a bit of a mystery reader in me afterall.

I wish I had more to say about this book (since there have been a dearth of book reviews on this here blog as of late), but it's a beachy read. There's not much to to review. 

RATING: 6/10 [Good]

Comments