Read-a-thon: Wrap Up

The Final Read Stack
Which hour was most daunting for you? 
I would have to say Hour 18. The Roomie had gone to bed, and The Boyfriend was not back from his evening outing. Since there was no one to poke me awake, it was rather difficult to keep going.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I found License to Pawn to be very interetesting... but I also read that early in the read-a-thon. Anything by M.C. Beaton is usually good for a kickstart to tired eyes.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I think it's great. I like knowing the date of the next read-a-thon as early as possible so that I can block off that time on my calendar.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The cheerleaders were exceptional. They kept me going all day.

How many books did you read?
I completed 6 books and made a relatively decent dent into a 7th.

What were the names of the books you read?

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
The Alchemist: A Graphic Novel by Paulo Coelho
License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver by Rick Harrison
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Death of a Hussy by M.C. Beaton
Blankets by Craig Thompson

(Started) Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close

Which book did you enjoy most?
That honor has to go to License to Pawn. It is the one that I found most interesting and fun. Also, it made me want to watch a Pawn Stars marathon.

Which did you enjoy least?
Hmm, that' a tough one. I guess The Alchemist. The pictures were very beautiful, but the store never fully grabbed me.

If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I'm not a cheerleader, but they are spectacular.

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
If I can make sure that day is open, I am SO there. I will be a reader, but I may attempt to comment on other readers blogs more.




Final Reader Notes:
That was one great read-a-thon. I love that I got to share the day with The Boyfriend, The Roomie, and large quantities of delicious noms. There is something about reading and eating all day that makes for an exceptional fall Saturday.

All of my books were enjoyable, and I completed 6 (and a quarter) titles. I pledged that I would donate $10 to First Book for every title I completed. Since I made it through a full 6 (and then some), I will be donating $65 to the organization.

Is it time for the spring Read-a-thon yet?

Comments