Read-a-thon: Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
M.C. Beaton's Death of a Hussy
 
2. How many books have you read so far?

Four

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
The one I'm on right now. Does that count?

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
The second I found out the date, it went into my calendar. So, my main concern was acquiring food and remembering the time of ND's kickoff.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My interruptions have been mainly food/food clean-up. However, the game is always a big distraction. I just make sure to always have my book with  me so that I can keep reading.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I'm reading a heck of a lot faster than I thought I would.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Can you invent a beverage that keeps you awake without making you jittery and will still let you fall asleep at the drop of a hat?

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
More sleep the night before.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Not yet. Right now it still feels like a regular Saturday.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Having in-house companions makes it easier to stay awake and keep up your enthusiasm levels.

Comments

Nise' said…
Sounds like you are going strong! Cheering you on as the second half of the RAT ticks off!
Meghan said…
Thanks Nise!